Activities Care Assistant
£10.25 per hour rising to £10.39 after successful completion of training and probation period
We are currently recruiting to an Activities Care Assistant based at Elmhurst Short Stay in Whitefield
About the role
As an Activity Care Assistant, you will be responsible for organising a varied social activity program for the people we support. This could be individual or group activities, liaising with external groups to provide entertainment or organising trips out.
You will take time to understand the types of activities the people we support want to take part in, and organise these ensuring that they are tailored to the needs and abilities of the people we support.
We want people to join our team who have the right attitude and who share our workplace values, in addition we want someone who is
- Flexible, with a can-do attitude and want to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
- A people person and great at developing appropriate relationships with people so that you find out about people to develop tailored activities to meet their needs and interests
- Creative and keen to find out about different types of activities that can be introduced with the service
- Great at organising and planning activities
- Able to encourage others to get involved and try the activities within the service
Working for the short stay service is a very rewarding career; you will be part of a team that can make a real difference to the lives of adults living within the Bury area.
In return for your contribution we will support you throughout your career and we provide a wide range of employee benefits, career development and lifestyle support services to ensure that you too feel supported, fulfilled and valued from day one of your employment with us.
To find out more about Elmhurst, click here.
In return for your contribution we will support you throughout your career -
We provide a wide range of , career development and lifestyle support services to ensure that you too feel supported, fulfilled and valued from day one of your employment with us.
For more details on learning & development, . Find out about our values and our purpose .
Click for stories on working for Persona, from people who work for us and read FAQ about working in care .
Satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level under the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
If this sounds like the role for you:
- Covering letter of no more than 1 side of A4 explaining why you want to work for Persona
- Completed analysis for the role
- Send this to
Deadline for applications is 17 July 2022, after which applicants will be shortlisted for interview on 2/3 August 2022.