We are always interested in hearing from people who share our values and purpose and want to work with us. We have an active pool of casual employees who work flexibly across the organisation. This helps us to manage demand and be responsive.
Casual Care Assistant
Hours - casual - as and when required
£10.01 per hour (rising to £10.21 per hour on successful completion of training and probation period)
Opportunities have arisen to join our casual team of staff within our and Older People Services.
Joining the casual team provides the opportunity to work flexibly around your existing commitments in a rewarding social care role. It can be a good way for people without experience but with a positive attitude towards working with older people to get a foot on the social care career ladder. Working within social care and supporting older people is interesting and can be challenging. It is also rewarding and great fun.
In this role you will support customers with personal, practical, emotional and social support. You will promote independence and support customers to use everyday services and facilities in order to live ordinary lives, be as independent as they can, exercise their own choice and feel fulfilled, in line with their care plans.
Joining our casual team you will be offered work based on the needs of the service. The services operate 24/7, 365 days a year and staff are expected to work shifts, unsocial hours, weekends, Bank Holidays. You will need to be available on a fairly regular basis sometimes at short notice, be flexible and able to adapt to working with a range of people.
In return for your contribution we will support you throughout your career and we provide a wide range of employee benefits, career development and lifestyle support services to ensure that you too feel supported, fulfilled and valued from day one of your employment with us. For more details on learning & development, click here.
As this is a social care post a satisfactory disclosure and barring service (DBS) check is also required.
- These positions are casual but joining the casual pool can open up longer term career opportunities as you can apply for any permanent roles within Persona.
- You have the flexibility to inform us of when you are available for work to fit in with your lifestyle
- You will accrue paid leave entitlement, be able to access training and development opportunities, employee discounts and benefits.
For further information about the role, please read the Job Description.
If these positions sound interesting then we want you to apply
- Completed application form with a full employment history, training and details of 2 referees
- Covering letter of no more than 1 side of A4 explaining why you want to work for Persona
- Completed skills and values analysis for the Casual Care Assistant role
- Completed availability form
Send this to the workforce team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held via Zoom video conferencing, if you do not have the facilities to have an interview via zoom please state this on your application form and we will discuss alternative interview arrangements with you if you are shortlisted date we will shortlist candidates for interview.