Support for you
- The Wise Group want to support people to ease debt and address energy concerns with their service Home Energy Advice Team (HEAT).
They are giving up to £150 towards fuel bills for people who are struggling to pay their bills and need a bit of help.
Hurry - offer ends 29th February and is subject to demand
- To save money on food & on food waste, try the TooGoodToGo app. Buy surplus food from local restaurants and shops and for extremely cheap prices!
If you're interested, checkout their website or download the app today.
- Find the latest money saving news and guides from Look After My Bills.
- We are looking forward to our upcoming 'Spend Well' workshops kindly funded by the Cost of Living funding from Bury Council.
A great opportunity to see/trial how you can save £££'s and beat the current cost of living by making small changes to your weekly or monthly shop.
See image below:
Sessions start at 10:30am and are:
- Monday 15th January - Juice/Cordial
- Monday 22nd January - Washing Up
- Monday 12th February - Cereal/Biscuits
- Monday 26th February - Toiletries
- Monday 11th March - Bread
- Monday 18th March - Makeup
- For a list of price comparison websites and financial apps, click here.
- For a free* Keep Calm & Budget course (starts March 2024) with Bury Adult Learning, take a look at page 7 here to see if you're eligible (*t's and c's apply)
February 2023 Update
- Want to know which appliance is the cheapest? Why not try GoCompare's energy cost calculator? Find out which appliance is best for you by clicking here.
- Need some free debt advice? This year Debt Awareness Week is between 20 - 26 March and the focus is on how debt can happen to anyone and the key theme is 'What is debt advice?'. If you need some free debt advice, click here to be taken to StepChange Debt Charity's webpage.
- The cost of living crisis is proving to have a big effect on people living with dementia as 1 in 4 people are being forced to stay in one room to reduce their energy bills. For support, advice or to donate, please click here.
January 2023 Update
Greater Manchester Combined Authority and the charity Independent Age have produced a Winterwise guide full of information on how to:
- Stay warm – financial support with the rising cost of energy.
- Stay safe – focusing on home safety advice, including fire safety, how to spot and report scams, and what do to if they fall.
- Stay well – tips and advice on mental health and well-being, eating well, and keeping active.
Click here to download the digital version.
For more support, the National Care Forum has rounded up the following schemes:
- Energy Price Guarantee
A scheme for households that caps the unit price that domestic consumers pay for gas and electricity. Click here for more information.
- Energy Bills Support Scheme
This winter households can receive a £400 discount to help with energy bills over winter 2022 to 2023. To find out more information and see if you're eligible, click here.
- Energy Bills Relief Scheme
Providing energy bill relief for non-domestic customers until 31 March 2023. Click here to find out more.
December 2022 Update
B&Q have an energy-saving service with personalised guidance on how you can reduce energy bills and carbon emissions. Click here for more information.
For schemes and grants to reduce your bills, click here.
For a list of food banks in Bury and surrounding areas, click here.
November 2022 Update