Now is the season of hygge - pamper all your senses & get cosy this winter.
Enjoy & share our tips.
Click the image for a downloadable poster or scroll for accessible text.
How to Hygge*
hygge is a personal thing - pamper all your senses - what looks, feels, hears, smells & tastes good to you?
- spend quality time with friends & family
- texture and cosiness is important for hygge - get some cushions & blankets to curl up with
- wear comfortable clothes that make you feel good with their texture, pattern or colour
- books of all sorts are great for hygge - classics, detectives or even cookery books
- cakes & pastries are hyggelig - or how about a biscuit, or some chocolate?
- use your favourite mug or teapot & have a hot drink - coffee, tea, chocolate, blackcurrant - savour it
- avoid multi-tasking - focus on what you are doing & enjoy it
- bring the outdoors in with plants or flowers
- if you aren't lucky enough to have a real fire, find a virtual one to play on your smartphone or your TV
- candles are popular for hygge. If you don't have any, try electric tea lights, fairy lights or a lamp
What is hygge?
It's being cosy, content & comfortable.
Taking time away from the daily rush to relax and enjoy life's quieter pleasures.