Do you want to join us to help support people to live their best lives?
Do you want to spend time enriching the lives of others?
Have you got a talent that brings joy to those around you?
Do you want to use your spare time to help someone live their best life?
Here at Persona, that is what we do! Our customers have a range of needs and our support is tailored to what matters most to them. Along with our tailored care and support, we hope to further improve our customers' quality of life through providing meaningful opportunities to develop skills, relationships and connections between our customers and the wider Bury community.
We believe that enhancing relationships with the community and developing and involving a rich and diverse volunteer team/base in the services we provide is invaluable to the organisation and particularly to the people who use our services. We want to attract volunteers who can help customers achieve even more autonomy, just by bringing their own interests and talents with them and creating opportunities for more person-centred care to take place.
We are currently looking for volunteers with particular interests, skills or hobbies that you would like to share with others.
Click on the below images to read more:
- Gentle sporting activities such as Tai Chi, yoga and meditation
- Dancing, such as tea dances
- Model building
- We have a lot of customers who enjoy football and sports like table football, chair basketball, etc, so a volunteer with these interests would be great!
There are also opportunities for volunteers to support in general.
- Supporting on trips out in the local community or further afield
- Making tea and coffees for customers
- Support with lunchtimes
- Support customers with art and craft activities
- Supporting customers to facetime relatives far away
- General conversation and social interaction
- Keeping in touch phone calls with customers who may be away from the service (befriending)
Complete an application form